Effective September 25th, 2017
Midnight Tools takes your privacy seriously and seeks to minimize the personal information we retain about our customers. This document details information we collect and how that information is used.
Information Collection and Use
Information We Collect
Midnight tools collects your personal information when you register for email subscriptions or purchase our products. This information is limited to information you provide when requesting a product or service from us.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to provide products or services you have requested or to contact you.
Children are not allowed to register for an email subscription or provide us with personal information. Submitting personal information to our website constitutes a confirmation that you are of majority age for your country.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Midnight tools does not rent or sell your personal information. We also do not share your personal information outside of our affiliated companies unless specifically required to provide products or services you have requested or under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas or court orders
- To establish or exercise our legal rights
- To defend our self, our affiliated companies, our owners, or employees against legal claims
- To investigate suspected illegal activity or fraud
Retention of Personal Information
Request to Have Contact Information Deleted
We believe that you should be able to decide if we continue to have access to your contact information. If you send us a written request through our support contact we will act to remove this information from our systems within the longest of the following:
- 30 days from your request
- 90 days from the day full payment on your last order clears our financial institution or the minimum time required by our payment processor, whichever is longer
- 90 days from the end of any warranty we offer on a product you purchased from us unless you specifically state in your request that you wish to void the warranty and this is allowed by applicable law.
Your written request must be received no more than 120 days from the last day of the longest of the above events and must contain sufficient information for us to verify the identity of the information to be removed.
Information We May Retain Indefinitely
We reserve the right to retain certain information indefinitely regardless of any request we may receive from you. This information includes:
- Basic order information including the name, company name, shipping address, and billing address associated with an order.
- Any sales tax permits or records related to the tax-exempt status of any customer.
- Any information required for our tax, customs, or legal compliance or compliance verification.
Information We Do Not Retain
We do not retain credit card or other electronic payment information following completion of a transaction unless required to do so by our payment processor.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to your personal information to personnel that we reasonably believe need to access this information to provide you with products or services or otherwise fulfill their job requirements.
We have safeguards to protect and restrict access to personal information stored physically or digitally.
Changes to This Policy